Organization + Function + Style™ = A space that inspires.
Serving the entire San Francisco Bay Area | Gayle Grace, 510-654-7983

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Good pens

I recently bought a new "good" pen to use only at my desk.  I've always liked good pens, defined as pens a bit more expensive than your average throwaways, and having some style.  I remember my first good pen was a Parker.

After losing all the good pens I ever bought, and now using a keyboard more than handwriting, I had forgotten about having a good pen.  But I saw this one, and even though blue is not my usual color choice, I decided I wanted it.  I love this pen now.  It will not leave my desk, so there is hope of keeping it for a while.

It appears from my brief researching on the net that fountains pens get a lot of attention in the "beautiful pens" category.  There is even a Fountain Pen Network.  There's a large site devoted to pen collectors at PenBookMarks.com.  The best site I found is PenHero.com, a very attractive site with beautiful photos of beautiful pens.  





This pen is reported to be the most expensive in the world...



A joint creation between Mont Blanc and Van Cleef and Arpels, it sold for $730,000, with 840 diamonds and 20 carats of gemstones.  It's actually called a "writing instrument", rather than pen...

 
David Oscarson's "Pierrot" pen is only $5,000.

Alas, my new pen is not listed in their pen gallery... but I think that's just because it hasn't been photographed properly.




So, here it is - my inspiring new pen - it's called "Riveria" by Monte Verde, $60.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails